Monday, May 4, 2009

The Thrice is Suffice


I have chosen prompt three, as in the Thrice is suffice. I have yet to really penetrated my book deeply with regards to character and plot development. What I noticed is that there has yet to be an event that has hit me as powerful. I really felt as though all that I've read. The suspense and uncertainty of McCarthy's writing was the mot powerful thing. Nothing really happened but there was so much feeling that wasn't written on the paper. The first page even. "Nights dark beyond darkness and the days more gray each one then what had gone before. Like the onset of some cold glaucoma dimming away the world." Nearly all the description from his writing went this deep. It was slow but powerful, a Behemoth of the written word.

2 comments:

Saul Wecht said...

Nice words. Sounds like it's not my type of book though. I'm personally not really a fan of deep descriptions

Maya Mudambi said...

I like your post! Great vocabulary